Five Random Facts For Thursday
1. JOHNNY CASH'S birth name wasn't Johnny . . . he didn't have ANY first name. His parents gave him initials, J.R., because they couldn't think of a name. When he enlisted in the Air Force, they said he needed a name . . . so he picked John.
2. Cats sleep so much that by the time they turn nine years old, they've only been awake about three years.
3. King Olaf V of Norway competed in the Olympics while he was king . . . but not just because he could, because he was good at SAILING. He won a gold medal at the 1928 Olympics in Amsterdam.
4. HALL and OATES met when they were both at a concert in Philadelphia . . . and a GANG fight broke out. They hopped in the same elevator to get away from gunshots, found out they both went to Temple University, and became friends.
5. Mosquitoes have killed more people than all of the wars in history combined . . . by infecting tens of billions of people with diseases.