THE 10 MOST ANNOYING TYPES OF MOMS
1. PMS Pam--Her chit chat will include talk of diseases that could strike at any time, children who were poisoned by school lunches, and Botox gone horribly wrong. After a few minutes, you'll be sucked into worry that will have you questioning your safety, your health, and your marriage. Rule of Thumb: Never talk to her alone. It will take another friend to pull you away.
2. Stalky Samantha--Samantha wants your life. She will work her way into plans with you. She'll make sure her kids get close to your kids, sign them up for the same activities, clubs, teams, and classes. She'll call other people to determine where you are at any given time. Her skills include frequent drive-bys, constant contact through scouring pictures and updates on social media, and oddly "running into you" everywhere. Rule of Thumb: Be careful with this one, we all know how stalker movies turn out.
3. Donna Droner--This chatty chick finds every detail of her stories not only imperative, but scintillating - whether she's describing how she rescheduled her children's annual checkups, or her 39-step trick to get discoloration out of grout. Rule of Thumb: Take a fake call. If you're not holding your phone, pick up anything, hold it to your ear and answer it.
4. Braggy Beth--This gal will make you question whether your child is stupid, lazy, or socially inept. No matter what your kid's accomplishments are, Beth's kids did it better, and did it earlier. Listening to her talk will bring out a shameful side of you that wants to give her kid the finger. Rule of Thumb: Don't give her kid the finger… kick her in the shin and run.
5. Judgy Julie--This mom is assessing your every move. On play dates, she's estimating how many toys you have in your dining room, the sugar content in your pantry, and when you last dusted your blinds. Her goal is simple: find enough evidence to confirm what she suspected all along: She is better than you. Rule of Thumb: Be careful how much you let Judgy Julie see because she doesn't keep her verdicts to herself.
6. TMI Tammy--Tammy is like a bad Facebook status in the flesh. She feels that the disgusting details of the ooze in her son's ear and the consistency of her daughter's last bowel movement is cool. Rule of Thumb: Stick to "Hi" and "Bye" and NEVER ask how she's doing.
7. Fend For Yourself Fran--Your kid is distracting hers, so she can get a moment of peace, a glass of wine, a few minutes to read "Mommy Porn." She's not concerned with what the kids are doing, as long as they're doing it quietly and far away. You may come to her house to find your child, miserable, hungry, bruised, or locked in a bathroom, which she will have no explanation for. Rule of Thumb: Always have her kid at your house or send yours over to hers with a survival kit.
8. Delusional Denise—She has no clue what her child is REALLY like. She's unaware that her offspring could do any wrong. If confronted, Denise will deny that it was her little angel, she'll explain how it was an accident, or she'll complain that her child always seems to be the scapegoat. Rule of Thumb: Keep yourself your kids and your pets as far away as possible - Denise's kids are the ones who grow up to be serial killers.
9. Know it all Nicole--This mom will advise you how to be a better mom and wife. She'll tell you whether you should or shouldn't vaccinate, how to get whites their whitest, and why you can never go to a drive-thru.
10. Me Me Mimi—"Enough about you, more about Mimi" is her slogan. Rule of Thumb: Avoid this time suck at all costs. Even a nod in her direction opens a door for her to tell you more about herself and her family.
THE PRESENTS YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO THROW OUT
1. Anything knitted by anyone:
…it's impossible to throw out gifts when this much time and effort have been put into them.
2. Family heirlooms:
…the only way to get rid of these is by dying.
3. Especially if that something "survived the war":
…forget about it.
4. Something with a kid's handwriting on it:
…letters don't look cute forever.
5. Handmade art by kids:
…double attachment points.
6. Decorations "that would go so well in your place":
…be prepared to always have that hanging up whenever the gifter visits.
7. A personalized coupon book:
…you have no choice but to spend these or hide them in your sock drawer for a hundred years.
8. Someone's self-portrait:
…throwing it away is like throwing them away. Nope. Keep it forever in a special place under a million stacks of paper on your desk.
9. Pets (NOT THAT YOU WOULD EVER WANT TO)
…because they are for life and forever adorable.
…as long as you have flesh, this gift is gonna be around.
11. A poem written especially for you.
WOMAN TRIED TO RENT A FAMILY FOR THE HOLIDAYS, USING CRAIGSLIST
A college student in California posted an ad on Craigslist asking to rent a family for the holiday season.
The ad reads: "I am looking to rent a mom and dad who can give me attention and make me feel like the light of their life just for a couple of days because I really need it. On the outside, it looks like I'm the American dream kid. But I have a back story that most people wouldn't believe if they looked at me today."
The woman explained she has been physically, sexually and emotionally abused since she was a child. To escape it she spent years living on the streets, which created even more problems.
She wrote: "I was in gang life, on the streets, fighting, doing drugs, just making a mess of my life."
She was eventually arrested for grand theft and after spending almost a year in jail she decided she'd had enough. She went to a camp for troubled young adults. Now she's a presidential scholar at her school with a scholarship and a 4.0 grade point average.
She wrote: "There's still something deep inside of me. There's this void, my biological parents aren't here, and it's kept this hole inside of me. I want to rent a mom and dad."
She explained she'd be willing to pay $8 an hour.
She wrote: "Just to sit, just to listen. Just to cry with me, no strings beyond that. I've never felt the touch of my Mom hugging me and holding me. I don't know what it's like to look in my dad's eyes and feel love instead of hatred."
Dozens of families responded to the ad, all willing to take her in for free.
*** Instead of renting a family, the woman is now creating one. She hopes to organize a gathering of the people that responded to her ad.
MAN WAKES UP ON AIRPLANE, LOCKED INSIDE.... AND ALONE
A man woke up while on a trip and found the plane cabin to be dark and empty, and all of the doors were locked.
He was coming from Louisiana to California with a layover in Texas, and he didn't wake up when 3 dozen other passengers got off the plane.
He called his girlfriend to tell her that he was trapped in the plane, and she called the airline and had them to rescue him about 30 minutes later.
He ended up staying in a hotel room, compliments of the airline, before flying to California the next day.
United gave him a $250 voucher, and they're looking into the incident to find out how it could have happened.
16-YEAR-OLD GIRL IS THE NATION'S YOUNGEST MONSTER TRUCK DRIVER ... WITH 2160 SAT SCORES
16-year-old California girl, Rosalee Ramer, is the nation's youngest monster truck driver, and she uses a 10-ton truck to jump over hurdles and crush smaller cars.
She also scored a very impressive 2160 on her SATs.
She says that she started entering competitions at age 14, but crushed her first car - a Ford Taurus - when she was 13.
Her father is also a Monster Truck driver, and she says that learning about the mechanics of her truck has sparked her interest in becoming an engineer.
THE "TIPS FOR JESUS" MYSTERY MAN HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED, HE'S A FORMER PAYPAL EXEC
The man who has been leaving "Tips for Jesus" in the thousands for restaurant servers across the United States has been revealed as a former PayPal executive.
Tech gossip blog Valleywag confirmed Jack Selby is behind the tips that have been made in college towns on football game days, and the @tipsforjesus Instagram account.
Selby is a former PayPal vice president and part of a group called the "PayPal Mafia," because they left the company with massive payouts.
Selby's massive tips include a $10,000 gratuity on a $3,000 booze tab he and his friends racked up and a $1,000 tip left for a server who brought him tacos.
Selby decided to call the project "Tips for Jesus" as a joke, and the tips really have no religious purpose. He hasn't talked to the media yet.
WHAT NOT TO BUY YOUR BOSS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
The correct protocol is that bosses should give their employees gifts but employees should not feel obligated to give a gift back.
Still, according to a business etiquette consultant, it can be perfectly appropriate to give a gift to your boss, especially if you consider your boss a friend or you have worked together for a long time.
But it pays to do a little research first, especially if you are new to the company. That's because if you give a gift and everyone else doesn't, you may look like you are trying to curry favor. And if you don't give a gift and everyone else does, you may be embarrassed.
Worse yet, if you do give a gift but it's inappropriate, that's the kind of faux pas that can follow you for years to come.
If you do decide to give your boss a gift, here are some tips:
Don't give anything too personal: Experts say a good rule of thumb is to avoid anything that touches the skin. That means no jewelry, no perfume, no clothing-and definitely no boxers or other intimate apparel.
"Unless you know the person really, really well, I would very much steer clear of gifts that really have a very personal tone".
Don't spend too much, or too little, money: A $2.99 ornament from the drugstore will likely come off as too cheap, but a $100 pen may seem awkwardly extravagant. Experts say the $10-to-$25 range is generally more appropriate for a midlevel manager.
Do consider food or gift cards: A consumable gift like cookies, candy or homemade bread is a nice way to show that you appreciate your boss without breaking the bank. A coffee shop gift card or similar item also is practical and appropriate.
Do consider a group gift: If everyone goes in on one gift, that can spread out the cost and also ensure that everyone in the department is on equal footing with the boss.
Don't generally give alcohol: Champagne is fine if you know the person well, but in general etiquette experts say that these days some employers might frown on giving alcohol at work, and some bosses may see it as too personal a gift.
Do check on gift policies, especially if you are a vendor or freelancer: One expert recommends checking with the human resources department to see if there is a ban on gifts.
Do consider books or magazine subscriptions-as long as they are appropriate: Reading material is usually a safe bet, especially if it relates to your field. But even such a seemingly mundane gift can turn inappropriate if you're not careful.
"You don't want to give your boss '50 Shades of Grey'".
Don't send a gift to a home address: To avoid confusion, hand your boss a gift at the office or during your holiday party.
"Never send a boss a gift to their home."
LADIES: 8 SECRETS NEVER TO KEEP IN A RELATIONSHIP
1. You've maxed out the credit cards and you're the only one who sees the bills every month--Secretly spending and trying to hide the purchases is a big indicator that there's not a lot of trust in your relationship. Try to figure out why you're not disclosing what you buy. Do you feel that your decisions are being ridiculed? Does your husband tend to control the majority of the money or your relationship overall? Or do you have a problem with compulsive spending? Then, come clean. Use this mistake as an opportunity to get on the same page about not just money, but also about how to communicate and stand by your wants and needs.
2. You've been sexually unsatisfied... for a while--Telling your man that you've been faking it would devastate him. Instead, approach him with a new fantasy that you'd like try. It's natural that passion ebbs and flows in a relationship and just because it's on the low-end right now doesn't mean that situation's permanent.
3. Something he said in that last argument really did matter--and you didn't say anything. Now you feel like you've been hiding feelings of resentment--Over time, bottling up your emotions creates resentment, which can lead to feeling angry with your partner. Ultimately, if you don't express yourself, you'll just lash out at each other and say hurtful things that you really don't mean. Start by fessing up to why you're still upset and work to clear the air. Then move on by developing guidelines for how to argue more productively, such as a no-name-calling rule.
4, Something from your past has come to haunt you, and it was so long ago that you never clued him in--Some not-so-classy pictures from a spring-break fling have found their way onto Facebook. Or that time you got arrested in college all of a sudden popped up on a Google search of your name. It's not easy, but it's better to fill your man in before he discovers this stuff on his own. When you don't share your past experiences as they come up, you miss an opportunity to get your partner's support and feel closer.
5. You've started to feel down... way down--Depression interferes with your ability to engage with others and tune into them. It will definitely affect your ability to be a really loving partner. An important step in coming out of depression is connecting with your partner. So tell your man that you've been sinking into a bad place, and that you don't know what to do about it.
PSST!... YOU HAVE FACEBOOK HATERS (VICE-VERSA) ! AND THIS APP REVEALS THEIR NAMES
There is a new social networking app that outs 'friends' you actually don't like.
HateWithFriends.com asks users to log in with their Facebook account. It then pulls up a list of their friends and allows them to reveal who they secretly hate by clicking on a button below each face.
If that same person has used the app and the hatred is mutual, the site will inform both parties via email.
The two can then decide if they want to de-friend each other.
PHONES THAT READ YOUR MIND... APPS THAT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT BEFORE YOU DO
There are several apps that can predict what you want before you do, and Google leads the way.
Google's Now, along with other intelligent personal assistant apps including Osito and Grokr can predict what a user will do next before offering relevant help and information at each step without ever being asked.
The apps use an algorithm that combines with location data, taken from the phone or tablet's GPS unit, as well as posts on social networks, email information and more to make the predictions.
MILEY CYRUS IS TOP YAHOO SEARCH FOR 2013
Miley Cyrus was the most-searched term on Yahoo in 2013.
Kim Kardashian and Kate Upton took the second and third spots among Yahoo's overall top searches, while Barack Obama was Yahoo's most-searched political figure, followed by Nelson Mandela.
Yahoo's top "obsession" in 2013, combining the number of searches with how fast the term rose in popularity, was "Duck Dynasty".
The top "Why" question of the year was "Why only 6 jurors in Zimmerman trial".
(Coming in at No. 4: "Why is the sky blue?")
VIDEOPHONE LETS OWNERS TALK TO PETS AND GIVE TREATS FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
A new device called "Petchatz" lets owners video chat with their dog or cat from anywhere in the world and even reward them with a treat.
PetChatz claims to be the first-ever videophone of its kind and comes with a color camera so that pets and owners can see each other.
It also lets owners video chat with their dog or cat from anywhere in the world using their computer or smartphone, and remotely give them a treat.
The device is then connected to a Wi-Fi network, and it's filled with low calorie treats and 'scentz pads' that have a calming effect.
A special ringtone tells pets their owner is calling so they can be trained to run to the video phone.
The device costs about $350 right now, and is expected to be available in early 2014.
GRINCH! CITY OFFICIALS MAKE AN ENTIRE STREET TAKE DOWN ITS CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
Officials in Orange County, California made an entire street in Trabuco Canyon take down its Christmas decorations.
Some 15-20 homeowners on the street received letters informing them that the lights which are anchored on multiple houses and suspended overhead are an obstruction and a violation of the county code.
The county officials ordered the homeowners to remove the elaborate display -- even though the display had been up on the street the past five holidays.
The officials say they worried that the lights aren't strung up strong enough and that a storm could potentially bring them down and electrocute someone.
ANONYMOUS TIPPER (TIPS4JESUS) IS SURPRISING WAITRESSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY WITH TIPS UP TO $10,000
A man using the handle Tips4jesus is going across the country tipping servers anywhere between $500 to $10,000.
There is an instagram page "Tips4jesus bar" where several photos have been posted with receipts from servers showing off the tips. The tag-line for the page is, "doing the lord's work one tip at a time."
The man and several of his friends have been described as friendly, polite, nice and a pleasure to serve. All the tips have cleared even one that was for $10,000. At first that tip wasn't cleared for fear of fraud, but the man took care of the matter and it was eventually cleared.
People in Michigan, Indiana and Illinois have been on the receiving end of the large tips.
RITA ORA CAST TO PLAY CHRISTIAN GREY'S SISTER IN "FIFTY SHADES OF GREY"... AND THERE ARE SOME ANGRY "GREY" FANS
Singer Rita Ora has been cast to play Christian Grey's adopted sister, Mia, in "Fifty Shades of Grey."
Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Luke Grimes, Eloise Mumford and Jennifer Ehle are also in the cast.
The movie follows the relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Grey and a college student..
Some online comments:
"Wtf?? Mia is caucasian and she is described as tall in the books. Her and Mrs. R and the only 2 described as tall and Rita is only 5'5"! Dakota and Eloise are both taller than her and their respective characters are supposed to be more petite. Rita looks nothing like Mia even with raven hair. This is such a joke! Is this team incompetent or something? What a joke this has become."
"Not at all how I pictured CG sister to be. Poor casting choice again...I bet Charlie is so glad he stepped away from this movie."
"This is a joke, right! This casting is the worst yet. Congratulations...you have managed to do something I didn't think possible....making me not even remotely excited for this movie. This news is the proverbial nail....
FOR THE COOLEST DUDE IN YOUR LIFE: A STREET-LEGAL REPLICA OF THE BATMOBILE
A working replica of the Batmobile from the 1960s Adam West TV series "Batman" is available from Hammacher Schlemmer.
The "Authentic 1966 Batmobile" is described as being an "officially licensed, roadworthy replica of the Batmobile featured in the iconic 1960s TV show," with "a glowing detect-a-scope screen, a Batbeam ray that raises from a hood-mounted antenna, and empty rear parachute packs."
Although it lacks the atomic batteries or turbines for speed, there is a propane tank at the back to create the familiar flame effect . And it also has something the original Batmobile lacked: clip-on side mirrors to make the car street-legal. (There's also a rear-view camera to help you park when the car isn't hidden away in your own personal Batcave.)
BAT PRICE: $200,000.
OR.... If you're looking for something a little cheaper, there's always the life-size replica Iron Man armor. COST: $8999.99.
SOME PARENTS WILL SPEND UP TO $500 ON EACH CHILD THIS CHRISTMAS
According to a survey by Urban Sitter, more than 50 per cent of parents will spend more than $100 per child for Christmas.
** 21 per cent cent of parents will spend between $200 and $500 per child.
18 per cent will spend less than $50 on each child, 32 per cent of parents will spend between $100 and $200, and three per cent of parents will spend over $500.
Nanny and babysitters are set to receieve generous holiday bonuses as well.
From money to gift cards, the majority of parents will spent one week's pay on their children's full-time caregivers.
Babysitters meanwhile are set to get tipped higher than usual. Forty per cent of parents said they will tip their babysitter during the holidays.
And while parties make up 70 per cent of why parents hire babysitters during December, just 15 per cent said they will book a babysitter for New Years Eve.
That might have something to do with a higher pay rate. Forty-two per cent of babysitters admitted to charging 1.5 times their normal rate, with 30 per cent charging double their moral rate on New Years Eve.
12-YEAR OLD BLACK GIRL THREATENED WITH EXPULSION FOR.... HER "PUFFY" HAIR
A black girl attending a private school in Florida was told to change her hair's naturally "puffy" style or ... be expelled.
The 12-year-old was told by administrators she had this week to decide whether to tame her large hair or leave the school because it violates a policy against "distracting" hair styles.
Her mother said her daughter's hair has been the same all school year but was only brought up by administrators after she complained some children were teasing or bullying her daughter over the hair style.
The girl said she's aware her hair prevents her from having the look other students have but she's happy with her style.
The school's dress code states: "Hair must be a natural color and must not be a distraction."
The family hasn't decided what to do next.
SO THIS IS POSSIBLE... YOU CAN BUILD A FULLY OPERATIONAL GUN FROM ITEMS THAT CAN ALL BE PURCHASED IN THE AIRPORT TERMINAL-- AFTER YOU GO THROUGH SECURITY
A Tennessee web developer has shown how to make a gun out of items that can be bought in airport retail stores.
The man was able to make a gun by combining a hair dryer, fridge magnet clip, 9x9v batteries, a hair band, magazines or tape and an Axe Body Spray stuffed inside a Red Bull can.
He put coins in the bottle of body spray and when mixed with water and the batteries it can create enough heat to make the gun fire. The man says he created these to show airports haven't done enough to stop a terrorist threat.
He has also made a crossbow, blowgun and a spiked club.
The guy warns: 'If we're trying stop a terrorist threat at the airport, it's already too late.'
Source with Video
MILEY'S 21ST BIRTHDAY PARTY INCLUDED STRIPPERS AND BOOZE
Miley Cyrus 21st birthday bash included booze, celebrities and strippers.
Miley partied at Beacher's Madhouse at the Roosevelt Hotel in L.A. on Sunday night, after the American Music Awards.
RELATED: $100K Worth Of Stuff Stolen From Miley's Place
$100,000 worth of items were stolen, including jewelry and several high-end purses.
The burglary occurred Friday afternoon. Sources say there were no signs of forced entry, but there were numerous surveillance cameras so cops may have some leads.
Miley was not home at the time.
WHAT DOES YOUR DOG'S BREED SAY ABOUT YOU?
Poodle: Very aware of appearance and spends hours in the mirror primping. A bit stand-offish, yet highly excitable and prone to drama. The Poodle's pet parent usually drives a Volvo.
Yorkie: Wealthy and attention-loving despite initial protests. Only carries designer purses, price is no object for what she wants. This pet parent rolls around in style in her BMW.
Golden Retriever: Helpful and giving in relationships. Loyal to the ends of the earth and fun loving. Loves hiking, biking and all outdoor activity. The pet parent of the Golden Retriever usually drives a SUV.
Afghan Hound: Takes a lot of pride in her hair; is very loyal to her stylist. Soulful, perceptive, and intuitive. Speaks with her eyes.
Dachshund: Quirky and unconventional. Can't resist those who appreciate her uniqueness. Staying true to her distinctive personality, this pet parent has a vintage car.
Bloodhound: Introverted and insightful. Laid back and goes with the flow. Will help friends stay focused on a problem until an answer is found.
German Shepherd: Disciplined and believes in following the rules. Can be harsh when crossed. Speaks her mind.
Beagle: Pleasant disposition. Open to others' opinions and beliefs. Unable to tolerate being emotionally hurt by friends. Sometimes confused and in need of guidance.
Boxer: Proud and sure of herself. Fights for what she believes in and will not be bullied. Goes to bat for friends and family.
Bulldog: Stubborn, confident, and embracing of her own and others' imperfections. Tells it like it is and lets it all hang out. The pet parent of the Bulldog usually drives a Volkswagen Beetle.
Shih Tzu: Prissy and likes to be noticed for her cuteness. Usually the life of the party. All eyes are on her.
WOMAN FINDS $223,600 THAT FELL OUT OF ARMORED TRUCK... AND RETURNS IT
A woman in Louisiana who found $223,600 that fell out of an armored truck returned it.
The bag fell out of the truck and contained $20 and $100 bills when it was found by the woman who is a cop.
The woman, and her supervisor, held onto the money until the truck came back to pick it up. Turns out it was casino money.
BOSTON RED SOX BEARDS FOR SALE
Gillette is auctioning off two hair balls of Boston Red Sox players… one that it shaved off World Series MVP David Ortiz and the other from Shane Victorino.
The beard hair comes in a case along with the razor that shaved it and an autograph of Ortiz and Victorino.
All proceeds will go to Movember, a men's health charity that encourages men to grow mustaches this month.
The auction closes November 30th and the bid for Ortiz is already over $3,500 while the bid for Victorino is over $1,500.
NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO SMELL LIKE KFC. NEW CANDLE PROMOTING KENTUCKY IS SCENTED WITH REAL FRIED CHICKEN
A new candle smells like fried chicken.
The fried chicken candle (from Kentucky for Kentucky) is made from real fried chicken and all-natural soy wax that smells just like the KFC.
The other candles in the collection meant to promote the state are made to smell like Kentucky's official soft drink Ale 8 and the Kentucky Derby.
EYE JEWELRY IS A THING... $3,000 TO BE 'UNIQUE'
A woman in New York got a piece of platinum jewelry inserted in her eye to set herself apart from the crowd.
The woman got a heart-shaped sequin, measuring 3.5mm, placed on the white of her of right eye ball.
She paid $3,000 for the one minute-long procedure.
She said she got it for a conversation maker and it will be her unique factor.
2013-12 | 2013-11 | 2013-10 | 2013-09
1115 Texas Avenue
YOUR "TICKETMASTER" OUTLET IN CENTRAL LOUISIANA.
9AM - 4PM